Wednesday, March 6, 2013

GKD Glitter/Gold Challenge

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. I have a new card for you that I just finished making for a challenge. Soon I will be joining more challenges from other sites, but for now I am participating in one.

Since we are in period of Lent, this is a good time to make cards that include the cross, Easter Lilies and other signs of the season. What better image to create in gold than the cross?

Using paper from the Mariposa Matstack and stamps from Gina K Design's Easter Blessings by Rupa Shevde, I created this card for the GKD gold challenge. Directions are to incorporate anything gold, including embellishments, ink, paper, etc. I enjoyed stamping the cross and heat embossing the image in gold. I could almost call this a religious experience if I hadn't been focused on not spilling embossing powder all over the table! Pooky-Blue was right beside me (see yesterday's post) until I turned on the heat gun...then he was off -- out of sight.


I enjoy sharing my cards with you. Please leave a comment so I will know you were here, & join my site if you'd like so we can stay connected with future posts!

2 comments:

  1. Sharon, this card is gorgeous! You've incorporated the gold beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Easter card! Love the gold against the black.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!