Saturday, March 2, 2013

Hello!

March 2, 2013

Well, I finally did it. I started a blog. Don't quite know what to do with it yet, but I'll figure it out with time. Why did I start now? I miss writing. I want to share some experiences, some lessons, some creativity. I want to learn more from others who share the same interests, as well. Finally, I realized I might just have enough to put on a blog, so here we go!

As an author, a (former) gardener, a pianist, a Christian and an addicted stamper/scrapbooker/cardmaker, I'll have a variety of posts on here to share with you. Might not cover all of those interests but we'll see what happens.

Several friends have asked to read my articles, so as soon as I figure out where to put them on here, I'll include a link for you.

Probably the most I will post will be cards I create as a member of Gina K Design's Stamp TV online. To see what Stamp TV has to offer, please check out the web site. (http://stamptv.ning.com/) Gina K provides very clear, easy-to-understand videos that are free to watch & great for inspiration.

I also enjoy membership with Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life. Her online site includes videos, stamps, dies & inks. To check out her web page, go to http://www.stephaniebarnardstamps.com/index.htm. You will enjoy her hilarious videos as she attempt a "30 Second Card in 5 Minutes." Great stuff!

OK, to get us started, I am posting a card created while taking CAS2 (Clean & Simple 2) Online Card Making Class with Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner, as well as other popular designers. The background was created by running cardstock ("cs") through my Cuttlebug in a heart embossing folder (ef), inking in clear VersaMark & drying clear embossing powder ("ep") until melted. This made the paper feel almost like soft rubber--very flexible. Since it was nearly Valentine's Day when I created the card, I felt the sentiment should say exactly how I feel about my dear friends & family. You are so very special to me, & I do love you!



Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sensational looking card Sharon! Coincidence! I have been reviewing Jenn's videos from her website over the last two days :D I watched her in the beginning, back in late 2011 early 2012. She's great, huh?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!