Sunday, March 3, 2013

Butterflies!

The weather here in North Carolina is beginning to change from cool & overcast to warm(er) & sunny. Today I noticed we still had daylight after 6 PM. So Cool! I am very happy to be living where the days of cold, early darkness are fading into longer days of warmer sunshine.  Buds are beginning to peep through the ground. Birds are singing again, & before long, butterflies will be landing on our shoulders. I've been aching (literally, aching) for warmer weather. On days of winter weather, I often created cards with butterflies to bring some colorful happiness to my surroundings.

Today, I am posting cards that have similar images but have been crafted differently.

First is the image of a butterfly defined by using a mask with a butterfly cut from the center using Spellbinders Grand Shapabilities die. I inked the top half in orange & the bottom half in blue, using Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade & Broken China Distress Inks to sponge & blend toward the center. Three amber gems embellished the card just above the sentiment. I wanted a calm, subtle creation that was appropriate for the sentiment, "praying for you."


Second is the same butterfly, this time with the orange & blue colors switched & an image from Theresa Momber's Vogue Vases stamp set was stamped on top of the focal point. CREATE is stamped above the die-cut butterfly on the opening edge of the card, & a black and white polka dot ribbon runs across the bottom.





These cards were created for assignments during CAS2 (Clean and Simple 2) Online Cardmaking Class taken Winter 2013. I received special recognition for the second card for the die-cut butterfly opening to the inked image inside the card.

Hope you enjoy today's blog. I encourage you to leave comments in the box below so I will know you were here!

Now, go find some SUNSHINE so you can see all God has CREATEd for you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments!