Saturday, February 22, 2014

Flowers & Gingham

Hello! So glad you're here today! Here in North Carolina, the weather is beautiful--warm and sunny. That's nice after a day of hard rain and wind. The good thing about it was I had an afternoon inside, doing nothing but crafting. WooHoo!

This week's Paper a la Mode Challenge at The Outlawz is to create something that includes flowers. I could do that any day...until it's for a specific challenge. Then, I get stuck! This is only my second week as a DT for them, so I wanted it to be better than good. That put on the pressure even more. Why do we make simple tasks so difficult? If you're like me, I've got to over-think the process before actually getting it done. Go figure. Makes no sense, I know.

I created this card using Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life inks and stamps. Her stamps are always fun, and the inks are super, as you can see. The gingham paper is from one of the patterned paper packs at Gina K Designs. She has top quality products which I also love. I combined products from both companies and surprise! It worked amazingly well. I was amazed how well the gingham paper matched the flowers. For the final touch on the card, I wrapped some green and white Baker's Twine around the card. No bling on this one. Just Clean and Simple. That seems to be my style.

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy your visits and comments very much, as they keep me moving forward on this creative journey. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love it Sharon. The flowers & gingham make me think of all the fun picnics we have to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!