Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Photo Card

Here's a very large card for you! My challenge at Gina K Designs was to include some reference to photos on the card. I don't have a stamp of a camera that's from Gina K, so I used some dies to cut references to photographs and then actually attached a photograph to the Photo Frame die cut.

Now, to tell you the deep meaning behind the card...

The flowers in the photograph are some that showed up the day I returned from caring for my ailing father. He had had a major stroke and was in serious condition. It had been hard to leave him 500 miles away, but I felt better immediately upon seeing these roses at my home. I felt an angel had appeared to reassure me everything would be all right, if I would just learn to "enjoy the sunshine" in my days despite my troubles. The sentiment comes from a stamp by Gina K Designs Enjoy the Sunshine set.

I added glitter from my glitter pen throughout the butterflies and small dragonflies, which is meant to reflect rays of sunshine. I also added purple ribbon from Gina K Designs to show darkness (in our lives). The punched green flourishes reflect happiness and growth (despite our challenges on dark days). The bling of rhinestones were included to add light among the darkness, demonstrating the light we must find in our lives.

Deep, huh? I get that way at times. As a writer, I can go on and on, finding meaning in everything. If you look at my other blog, sharonsfavwritings.blogspot.com, you can read about my experience sitting with my ailing father ("Called to Care") and other such moments in life. Take a look! I'll try to update my posts soon so it's not "old" stuff.




Thanks for taking a look at this new card. It took a while to put together. I wasn't sure I liked it until I reflected on the meaning of the elements. Then, it became a favorite!

I appreciate your visits and comments, and I especially appreciate those of you who follow me! That really makes my day! Take it easy, stay warm, dry, and don't forget to Enjoy the Sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. Great way to incorporate such a meaningful photo on a card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card. Great take on the challenge - well done my dear!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!