Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Jellybean Jar

Hello! I sure hope you are having a good day. The weather is beautiful outside here in North Carolina, so I'm going to go out and enjoy it soon.

The Easter holiday made me think about jellybeans and this jar stamp from Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life. I pulled out my scrap pieces of paper and began die cutting jellybeans in all different colors. Then I put adhesive across the jar I had stamped and die cut and began adding jellybeans. They added up quickly, and before I knew it I was finished...or I thought I was finished. I didn't think it looked like a real jar, so I added a coat of Glossy Accents. Once it was dry I thought it looked more realistic.

The background paper I used is from October Afternoon's The Thrift Shop, and I just love it! The jar lid paper is from that Classic Calico paper pad I enjoy using so often, and I layered that on top of half a doily. I wrapped the top of the jar with a piece of Baker's Twine and added For You on the label of the jar. That finished it up.

This has to be one of my favorite cards. The Glossy Accents added a lot, and I like the Baker's Twine around the top. What do you think -- what's your favorite part of the card?

Thanks for stopping by today! I appreciate your visits and comments very much, and I hope to see you again soon!


4 comments:

  1. Cute card Sharon. I think my favorite part of it is the wallpapery look of the dp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Glossy Accents were the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Love the jelly beans. That does look like a real jar...hmmm, Glossy Accents is the ticket, eh? Good to know. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!