Saturday, May 17, 2014

Watercolor Bonus Day


Hello! Happy Saturday to you! I hope you are having a good weekend! Today was a surprise Bonus Day for us at Watercolor for Card Makers Online Card Classes. WooHoo!

Jean Manis shared another video with us that gave a great lesson on watercoloring balloons. I've tried this before with no luck, but after watching her take on it, I was inspired to try again. This time, I think they turned out much better.

The balloon outlines are from Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life, as is the "happy" in Happy Birthday and the confetti. I watercolored the balloons using Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I die cut the Birthday in a beautiful blue and added it to yellow paper. Finally, I layered all this onto Gina K Designs Kraft cardstock base layer.

I like the way this turned out. After adding the confetti, it looks like a real fun card.

Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate your visits and comments very much. This class has been awesome, and I believe we've all learned a lot. See you again soon!


5 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! This is terrific. Really like how you added the sentiment in two pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, your balloons are fabulous! I love your card. its so festive! I love the confetti. great touch. isn't this fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great! These are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the "happy"ist birthday card ever. Great job. I really like how you did the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!