Friday, June 6, 2014

Bleached Flower

Happy Friday everybody! Wow, this week went by fast! I am so glad you're here today. This is a new technique to show you.

Gina K Designs Stamp TV has a challenge up to try a technique using bleach. You could either put the entire stamp into a pad soaked in bleach and then stamp it, or you could stamp an image of an outline and fill it in with a brush dipped in bleach. I chose the latter. Even though they said it doesn't hurt your stamp to dip it in bleach, I was afraid to do it! Of course, these techniques called for rubber stamps, not clear.

The flower is from Gina K Design's Whimsical Wishes stamp set illustrated by Theresa Momber, and the sentiment is from their Framed Greetings set. I used patterned paper and cardstock from the Gina K Designs Shabby Spring Stamp TV kit.

The image is heat embossed in white onto Turquoise Sea cardstock, but once I painted the flower with bleach, it turned a very pale yellow. Depending on the color of the cardstock, the bleach could change it to any color once applied. It is a very interesting technique to use and you never know what color you will create with the bleach.

If you haven't tried this technique, I encourage you to jump in and join us! It took me a very long time to actually do it. I've watched Gina's videos many times but was too hesitant to try it until this challenge. Go ahead, give it a try!

Thank you for stopping by today! I appreciate your visits and comments very much and hope to see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments!