Saturday, August 23, 2014

Back to School

Hello friends! How is your weekend coming along? Hard to believe another week has gone by. I am having a hard time relating to kids going back to school!

As a Design Team Member, this card was created for the Paper a la Mode Challenge at Outlawz. The theme was "Back To School" so I thought these crayons from Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life were appropriate. I simply stamped them in various colors of ink (also from Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life), die cut them out, and then gathered them together with a piece of Baker's Twine. I die cut the bottom of the card with a Bracket Edge die from Die-namics. I purposely left off the sentiment because this card could be for a child or a teacher.

My sister is a Special Ed teacher in West Virginia, so I think I'll send it to her. She deserves something to let her know I'm thinking about her at this time. It's not an easy job, but she's been at it over 35 years!

Take it easy my friends! I am so glad you stopped by today! I appreciate your visits and comments very much, and I hope to see you again soon ~


3 comments:

  1. This card is just adorable. Love the crayons, and love the way you bundled them together. It's a simple card, but perfect for a child or a teacher - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! The bracket die at the bottom is a wonderful design touch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Such vibrant colors for those wonderful crayons!
    Excellent "TEACHER" card, and kudos to your sister for that important job!!!
    Teachers always have my respect!
    Love that bracket bottom, it really makes the card special!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!