Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Used Cards 2

Hello again! I'm here with yet another card using an old card that had been sent to me, years ago. Amazing how we hang onto things, isn't it? I knew one day I'd have a reason to cut it up and reuse the pretty picture.

This image came from an old Christmas postcard sent to me from Guideposts. I love all the kids on their sleds in the snowy hills. I added snowflakes from two Gina K Designs stamp sets: Snow One Like You and Cheers. The sentiment is from Gina K Designs' Season's Greetings Stamp TV Kit from last year. The ribbon is from a kit, also.

Stamp TV has a Mix It Up Monday Challenge going on requiring use of old cards and new stamp sets. I absolutely love the style of the sentiment on this card, and I love the ribbon along with it.

In my previous post, I neglected to thank Kevin, my friend who created the above Banner in the heading of this site. I appreciate all his patience and hard work putting it together. Thank You, Kevin!

Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate your visits and comments very much, and I hope to see you again soon!


6 comments:

  1. Sharon, you really do a great job using old cards. What's better than watching a bunch of kids having fun in the snow??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Sharon!!! I love that winter scene, so vintage-y. Great layout too, wonderful take on the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on upcycling the cards! I wish I'd held on to more cards we received over the years - the illustrations on Christmas cards have been something I've treasured most of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on reusing the old Christmas card! Beautiful image too with the kids having fun in the snow! I like to use old cards too to make new ones! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL JOB SHARON!!!! I can see WHY you would hang onto this old card! :) You've dolled it up PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Thanks for stopping by & for your SWEET comment! HUGS!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab job, using the old with the new! How clever!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!