Monday, November 24, 2014

Used Cards

Hello friends! How are you today? I hope you're staying warm and dry. We've had loads of rain lately. Very, very wet around here!

Did you notice anything different on the header of this blog? I finally got the Thanksgiving Banner up! My friend, Kevin, created that for me last year, and I saved it to use again this year. Hope you like it!

Okay, now for the card...

Today on Gina K Designs' Stamp TV, the Mix It Up Monday Challenge is to create a card using an old, store-bought card along with something new. I found this PEACE card in my stash and cut it out before adding it to two layers of paper. I also added a snowman, colored with Copics, from Snow One Like You stamp set by Gina K Designs. All the little extra pieces on the PEACE were part of the store-bought card.

This is my second card this season using an old, store-bought card. I really enjoy doing this. It feels good to be recycling while creating! Hope you can find an old card YOU can use to create a new card of your own. It's fun!

Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate your comments and visits very much. Hope to see you again soon!


7 comments:

  1. SUPER JOB Sharon! :D Love all those little Christmas things hanging off the word Peace too! This is something I need to get going on, my Christmas Cards! YIKES! LOL
    Thanks for stopping by & leaving me some love! MANY HUGS & BLESSINGS DEAR FRIEND! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea! I have piles of Xmas cards from the past few years that I keep coming across and forgetting about (after I have already purchased new cards...). Might have to give this a go! Love all the different layers you created and the snowman is adorable. And just love your Thanksgiving Banner, its gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of hanging little images off of the PEACE. The whole card really goes together with the little snowman too. Great job.
    I envy your Thanksgiving banner. I had so much trouble the last time I changed my banner, I took an oath never to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just GORGEOUS!!!! All the elements just come together beautifully here. I love the adorable background paper and your cute snowman! Great take on the challenge, once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this. Hanging the tiny ornaments on the "peace" is a wonderful idea. I especially like that cute little snow guy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect reuse of an old card! I love the large Peace with all its details, and your snowman is so cute!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a really pretty store-bought design! I would have saved it, too. I adore what you did with it, Sharon!! And yes, your Thanksgiving banner is the BEST!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!