Monday, December 8, 2014

Season's Tweetings!

Hello! Long-time no see, I know! I've been traveling again, this time to Boston to see my brother for Thanksgiving. Boston was fantastic! We went to see The Messiah at Symphony Hall while I was there -- perfect performance to begin the Holiday Season!

In case you didn't notice, I changed the header again to make it a Christmas scene. I owe this again to my friend, Kevin. He did an awesome job piecing it together to fit in the required space. Thank you, Kevin!

While I was gone, I'm afraid I made good use of the Black Friday sales and purchased this fun Lawn Fawn stamp set called Winter Sparrows (along with some other things you'll see in the near future). Soon after it arrived, I went to YouTube and watched some videos, trying to figure out the best use for a card. This creation stood out to me, but I can't remember who did it. So sorry!

The birds were watercolored with some Tim Holtz Distress Markers. I love them--this was the first time I tried them. It was so fun to color just a little bit then finish with some water and a brush. It's been way too long since I tried anything like that, and I love it! Anyway, I added the sentiment, a little heart and some twine  before layering onto some cherry red cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by today! I promise it won't be so long before I post again. I appreciate your comments and visits very much, and I hope to see you again real soon ~


6 comments:

  1. Great card design. I also just purchased this set so thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable water colored birds.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love Distress Markers for the very reason you mentioned. Shading is so easy. Your little card is just so cute, adorable stamp!!! I like the layout too! Very simple, and it just makes me smile. Really sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too adorable Sharon. I can almost hear the birds chirping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable. Pinning--I just love those sweet birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is delightful! Your watercoloring is fantastic. And that twine is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!