Saturday, February 7, 2015

CASE


Hello! How's your day coming along? It's a bright, sunny day here in North Carolina, but the temps are still low and it's COLD! That means it's a good day to be crafting!



My card is a CASE of the second card above by Kylie Purtell for the Time Out Challenges. As soon as I saw the picture, I decided to enter. For my card, I used some paper from Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life. I just love these pinks! The flowers are from a jar of Prima Flowers that I sprayed with Inkadinkado's Rasberry and Recollections Simply Pastel Pink Shimmer. After they dried, I added a spritz of Sparkle by Imagine Crafts. Finally, I added greenery from a Sizzix Flowers, Branches & Leaves die. The tag and sentiment are from Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life.

This card took a lot of steps, but I really enjoyed creating the various layers. Embossing the background added an extra touch before adding the tag with all the greenery and flowers. Finally, the sentiment only took one stamp, and I added a piece of hot pink on the inside before layering it with white.

Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate your comments and visits very much, and I hope to see you again real soon!




11 comments:

  1. A super pretty take on Kylie's card.
    Thanks for playing along at Timeout.
    Sarah GD x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful CASE of my card. I am honoured! I love that amazing arrangement on your tag! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun CASE Sharon! I love the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background! And beautiful colours; a beautiful case-card! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty, Sharon ... and what fabulous detailing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you joined in this challenge!! And what a gorgeous CASE of Kylie's card. I love the embossed background and your flowers are stunning. Was so worth all your time and your welcome back at TIME OUT anytime!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a sensational CASE of Kylie's card, Sharon! I can just picture all the wonderful shimmer and sheen it must have IRL!! Happy Valentine's Day! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the steps you took making this card make a fantastic card! I love the embossing and scoring and what a pretty pink card you used. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon - I don't know if you remember me, but we exchanged compliments during the Online Classes. I ordered a set of dies from Amazon and they sent me two by mistake. It is the Spellbinders Nestabilities A2 Curved Matting Basics A set, there are 8 dies.. This is not the type of die set I would benefit by owning two of them. If you don't have this and would like this set, please send me your address to my email account, slangnv@hotmail.com. Also, I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely soft card! I see more inspiration, rather than "CASE".
    Your card is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!