Sunday, September 6, 2015

You're Priceless

Hello everybody! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted a card. I'm currently in Glendale, California, visiting my son and his wife. I created this card before I left but had not posted it yet, so here you are.

The first thing I did to create this card was spray some ink over a Tim Holtz Stencil, which resulted in the light sun rays you see. After that, I had no clue what I was going to do with it, so I played around with some Distress Inks and then set it aside. With time, I discovered this die that cuts beautiful dainty flowers. I'm not sure who makes it since I don't have it with me, but I think it's from Simon Says Stamps. The same goes for the sentiment--not sure where that came from, but I like it!

To make sure the dainty flower die cuts would stick, I added Glossy Accents in the center and in the leaves. I really like that effect. Finally, with the advice from a dear friend, I added some bling so we'd have some more green showing. After layering onto black cardstock, I attached everything onto cardstock that had been distressed with the same colors.

Thank you for stopping by today! I appreciate your comments and visits, and I hope to see you again real soon ~


5 comments:

  1. Pretty card! I like the bling you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Love the sponging with those gorgeous colors. Great idea to add Glossy Accents to the die. Enjoy your visit with your son & daughter-in-law

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. Love the sunny colors and those gorgeous flowers. Great layout and design, well done. Enjoy your time with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background! When I try something like this it never looks pretty, more muddled....you have done a beautiful job! Love that tall flower and the heart petal one too....great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Have a great time with your son and daughter-in-law!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!