Monday, November 16, 2015

OCC Holiday Style Day 7, Card 1


Hello everybody! How's your day? I'm here with another homework assignment from Online Card Classes' Holiday Style. This is for Day 7. (Did you notice yet we skip a day in between?) I loved the lessons for today, as I found them doable with the products I already own. Yippee!

Todays focus was "Shimmer and Shine." As soon as I saw the lessons, I pulled out the gold-striped cardstock I bought from Hobby Lobby that's by Paper Studio. It's full of gold-embossed cardstock that is out of this world! I also have some shiny gold paper from DCWV so I grabbed that, too. I was READY!

Following the lesson by Yana Smakula, I die cut a holiday sentiment by Tim Holtz on the gold striped cardstock and then layered it onto the gold paper. The sentiment shines through. I added a gold cord (from Gina K Designs), tied in a bow. That was put onto GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock for the card base. For the inside, I added a sentiment by GKD from her latest Stamp TV kit, and layered that onto gold paper. The card is very elegant and is shiny with gold throughout.

These lessons are a lot of fun, and I always learn so much. I encourage you to look into taking them, as you can start at any time and go at your own pace. You can find them at onlinecardclasses.com.

I'll have another card posted in a short while that's also from today's lessons, so stay tuned!

Before you go, I've got to give a big shout-out to my friend, Kevin, who designed the Thanksgiving banner you see above. Last year, we designed a banner for each holiday throughout the year, and this was one of them. Thank you, Kevin!

OK, that's it! Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments and visits very much, and I hope to see you again real soon ~


6 comments:

  1. Elegant, shiny card!
    Great job using up your stash items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sharon. Love the shimmer & shine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. It is nice to see the added gold border on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa - talk about shimmer and shine!! This card does the trick - and I bet it's stunning irl. It's gorgeous in the photo!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So classic, so elegant! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!