Wednesday, March 2, 2016

My Sister



Hi everybody! I want to say a big THANK YOU for all the sweet comments after Pooky-Blue's death. You were all so kind and thoughtful! I really appreciate everything you wrote.

I know it's been a while since I posted. It's just been real hard to get over the loss of Pooky. My mojo disappeared for several weeks, but I keep working at it. One day it will reappear.

Today's card is for my sister, Cecilia. She's an awesome person--very energetic, still works hard as a Special Ed teacher and also does her best to keep up with her husband and grown kids.  I saw this stamp set at Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life and just HAD to get it! My sister likes red, so I used red in the sentiment and cardstock. She has (or had) an argyle sweater so this paper reminded me of that. Anyway, I thought this would be something fun to send.

My online friend Darnell Knauss is having a "NBUS" (never-before-used-schtuff) challenge at her blog (djkardkreations.com), and I am going to add this card to it since I've never used the sentiment before. Check it out at her blog and come along to join the fun!



Thank you for stopping by today! I appreciate your comments and visits very much, and I hope to see you again real soon ~



8 comments:

  1. Love this set. I saw this near my daughter's birthday and thought it would work well for her. One day I will pick this one up. Your sister will love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez, I love this. I have only one sister, with whom I'm very close, and no brothers. It's just her and me......this card would be perfect for her, I'm sure your sis will love it too. I'm so partial to your color palette, always striking and effective!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally True! lol How funny is this? GREAT card! I keep a torn t-shirt ad above my desk, it reads: My Sister Has The Best Sister In The Whole World....some day I am going to order it and mail it to her LOL FUN card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have only one sister and I always send her this kind of card...after all, what are sisters for?? ;) I love the colors and I'm sure you sister will love getting this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. I"m sure your sister will love it. So sorry to hear about your cat. It is so very hard to lose the pets we love so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling card. I love the fun t-shirt and that super cute sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, man, now here's more NBUS with my name on it! I simply must get this set for my own sisters!! And I know your sister will love it, Sharon! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6!!

    On a sadder note, I want to add my sympathies to those you've already received for the death of your beloved Pooky-Blue. I know she was your crafting companion, so it's no surprise you've lost your mojo. If possible, try to turn those "empty" moments into "full" moments from your memories of all the wonderful times and what a friend she was to you. It may take more time, but soon you will see her as the blessing she was and not the loss you're feeling now. Huge hugs, my friend. Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!