Monday, June 5, 2017

Pet Sympathy

Hello again! I'm posting another black and white card today. No challenge this time,  just doing a favor for a friend.

My neighbor mentioned she had a friend who was going to have to put down her dog who's been in her family for a very long time. The owner is not well physically and is currently hospitalized, and this emotional trauma is an extra burden to carry. My neighbor's very worried about her, so I got to work on a card to help ease the pain.

The image is one of my favorites and is perfect for this situation. We decided there was no need for a sentiment on the front, as my neighbor will write a personal note on the inside. I tried different colors of ribbon but we settled on the black so the front would be uniform in color. The inside of the card has a paw print die cut on the bottom left-hand corner.

I love this die from Spellbinders, called Pawing Around (Dog). Someone sent me a card with the Pawing Around (Cat) die cut on it when my cat passed away a couple years ago, and I knew I just had to have the dies. They have worked beautifully for cards such as this.

The ending to the story is the dog was not put down, after all. The owner's husband felt it would be too much emotional trauma so they are keeping the dog comfortable with meds right now and hoping she'll die peacefully in her sleep. The card will be sent when the time is appropriate, so I'm still glad I created it. With no sentiment on the front, it could even be sent now.

Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate your comments and visits very much, and I hope to see you again real soon ~


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and thoughtful card Sharon. This will surely bring comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image really is so very calming and perfect for the loss of a beloved dog or cat. You and your neighbor are both so kind and lovely to do this for your neighbor's friend. I hope she gets stronger soon and is blessed with more time with her dog. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!