Friday, June 9, 2017

Wedding Time!



Hello everybody! I hope you're having a good day. I thought it was about time I got this wedding card for my son & his fiance posted on my blog. Their wedding is next week, and I've finally finished it plus a few extra goodies for them.

My friend from Gina K Designs' Stamp TV, Kathy Moore, sent me this cut for the front that was created from her Silhouette machine. She had used one similar for a card of her own, and I asked if she could cut one for me. Before I knew it, she had sent me an entire package of die cut pieces that I will be using for quite a while! Her kindness was overwhelming. Thank you, Kathy, if you're reading this.

The inside of the card was foiled using my Heidi Swapp Mini Minc Machine. The verse is from Gina K Designs, and I used silver foil. I added a ribbon for the final touch.

As an extra little gift, I embellished some tiles from Tim Holtz. Here's a snippet of the project.

I added a vinyl letter for each of their names (Chris & Katie) before outlining with Silver Stickles, then embellished other tiles in ways that relate to them. Since he's an assistant men's basketball coach and she's a sports broadcaster, I attached basketballs, baseballs & footballs, along with basketball nets & whistles that were either stickers or Jolee's products. Since they travel a lot, I added some license plates from States where they most frequently go and also from where they live or have lived. They both enjoy music (she sings in church choir) so I included some musical notes. Each tile was then coated with Glossy Accents. 

It was a fun project. I'll either put them on the tables for decorations or give Chris, Katie & her parents each a towle bag of them attached to their gift.

Thanks for stopping by today! I appreciate your comments and visits very much, and I hope to see you again real soon ~


4 comments:

  1. Sharon, this is absolutely beautiful!!! The card and "the extra little gifts" will be treasured forever. Isn't Kathy Moore just the sweetest thing ever??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon. That's what friends are for my dear and I'm so happy to be able to do this for you. If it weren't for Bonnie for helping me along with the Silhouette I would still be sitting here staring at it..LOL..Both cards are beautiful and they will have them always! Don't forget to enjoy yourself. The day goes so quickly....have fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful and very personal card. I love the intricate front, just gorgeous. And all your added touches are perfect, especially the silver foiling on the inside. Stunning card. Enjoy the wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!