Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Pine


Hi everybody! I hope you had a Happy Halloween and are now ready to start celebrating the future holidays. I changed my banner to reflect Thanksgiving. Kevin helped with all my banners, so I owe him a big THANK YOU for that.

Today's Christmas card showcases some stamps from Gina K Designs' latest Stamp TV Kit called Merry & Bright. I stamped the image and one word of the sentiment in Gina K inks and used her "Christmas" die for rest. I also created a tag to go with this but it was after I'd already photographed the card.

This was an easy card to create. I'd say it's very "Clean and Simple" but getting the word die to lay perfectly inside the shadow wasn't very easy. It's a very long, thin die cut and kind of difficult to use without stretching it out. I always use Sizzix adhesive sheets when cutting out words, and once you take that off it's always a challenge not to get it stuck everywhere. If it weren't for that, I'd create this card in bulk and send them out. I will still probably make more of them, just the same.

It would also look nice to layer the word die multiple times without the shadow so it would be thicker and stand out more. I'm just not up for that...no patience at this time of when I have so many cards to make!

For those of you asking, yes, Snuggles helped with this card, too. She supervised. Sometimes I can catch her in a quiet mood where she stretches out across the table where I'm working and I have just enough room to create my cards. If she's not in a quiet mood, I cut a strip of paper for her to play with and she stays occupied with that most of the time. She's always a partner in my creations, whichever mood she's in!

Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate your comments and visits very much, and I hope to see you again real soon ~


4 comments:

  1. This is pretty! You are doing a good job, even with Snuggles participating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I love that pine cone stamp and you have used it perfectly here. Wonderful clean and simple design, just a great Christmas card. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have really made some very beautiful CAS Christmas cards my dear. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!